Milk Production Reduction Scheme
Sally Horrocks, Farm Consultant at George F. White, provides an ‘at a glance’ guide to the Milk Production Reduction Scheme:
- A voluntary scheme which provides money to milk producers who reduce the amount of cows’ milk they deliver to first purchasers during a 3-month period.
- This is compared with the same 3-month period in the previous calendar year.
- There may be up to 4 reduction periods:
1 October to 31 December 2016
1 November 2016 to 31 January 2017
1 December 2016 to 28 February 2017
1 January to 31 March 2017
- You will be paid 14.42/£12.23 per 100 litres for the amount of cows’ milk eligible for payment.
- You can apply if you were delivering cows’ milk to a first purchaser in July 2016 and you were a milk producer in the reference period you’re applying for.
- To apply, you must plan to reduce your cows’ milk deliveries by at least 1,457 litres.
- The maximum you can apply for is a 50% reduction of the cows’ milk you produced in the reference period.
For more information or advice contact Sally Horrocks on 01677 458201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity Golf Day raises funds for Children with Cancer UK
Last week we held our inaugural George F. White Charity golf day raising money for Children w... Read More
Dispersal Sale at Stanley Hall Farm, County Durham
IMPORTANT DISPERSAL SALE
STANLEY HALL FARM, WOOLEY, CROOK,
COUNTY DURHAM, DL15 9A... Read More