Milk Production Reduction Scheme
Sally Horrocks, Farm Consultant at George F. White, provides an ‘at a glance’ guide to the Milk Production Reduction Scheme:
- A voluntary scheme which provides money to milk producers who reduce the amount of cows’ milk they deliver to first purchasers during a 3-month period.
- This is compared with the same 3-month period in the previous calendar year.
- There may be up to 4 reduction periods:
1 October to 31 December 2016
1 November 2016 to 31 January 2017
1 December 2016 to 28 February 2017
1 January to 31 March 2017
- You will be paid 14.42/£12.23 per 100 litres for the amount of cows’ milk eligible for payment.
- You can apply if you were delivering cows’ milk to a first purchaser in July 2016 and you were a milk producer in the reference period you’re applying for.
- To apply, you must plan to reduce your cows’ milk deliveries by at least 1,457 litres.
- The maximum you can apply for is a 50% reduction of the cows’ milk you produced in the reference period.
For more information or advice contact Sally Horrocks on 01677 458201 or email email@example.com
Best Buy-To-Let yields to be found in the North East
The best buy to let yields can be found in the North East and Yorkshire according to recent r... Read More