Newcastle DAP: consultation period
Newcastle City Council are currently consulting on their Development and Allocations Plan (‘DAP’), which considers planning policies and site allocations for future development including housing, employment, and commercial sites.
The DAP is the second part of Newcastle’s Local Plan. The Local Plan is a collection of documents that will guide the future development in Newcastle to 2030.
- Part 1: Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan (CSUCP) – Adopted March 2015
- Part 2: Development and Allocations Plan (DAP) – Currently being prepared and the DAP is the subject of this consultation
- The DAP plays an important role in shaping the future of Newcastle. It provides more detailed policies to support and help to deliver the strategic policies set out in the CSUCP, by including:
• Policies which will be used to make decisions on planning applications;
• Allocations of housing and employment sites to support the CSUCP;
• Designations of retail centre boundaries and sites for environmental protection.
If you own land or property in Newcastle, please contact our planning team on 0191 605 3484 to understand whether your site has been identified for future development or whether there is potential for the site to come forward.
Planning Permission: achieving a positive outcome against officer advice
Our team of Planning Consultants have been working hard to seek planning permission for five... Read More