Rural Planning Seminars Announced
In view of the recent changes to planning regulations, George F White Chartered Surveyors will be offering their expertise to rural communities by holding a series of free rural planning seminars throughout the North East and Yorkshire.
Dates, times and venues are as follows:
• Tuesday 7 May, 6.30pm at Romanby Golf Club, Northallerton
• Wednesday 8 May, 6.30pm at Darlington Rugby Club, Blackwell Meadows, Darlington
• Thursday 9 May, 6.30pm at Tynedale Rugby Club, Tynedale Park, Corbridge
• Tuesday 14 May, 6.30pm at Morpeth Rugby Club, Mitford Road, Morpeth
• Wednesday 15 May, 6.30pm at Driffield Rugby Club, Kelleythorpe, Driffield, East Yorkshire
Refreshments and a pie and pea supper will be provided.
The seminars are specifically geared to the issues surrounding people living and working in the countryside and will help to unravel the recent changes in the planning system, particularly:
• Changes to the need for planning permission in relation to farm buildings
• How this affects rural workers’ houses
• Land promotion / option agreements
Planning specialists from George F White and a representative from the NFU will bring everyone up to date on how planning is likely to affect agriculture and rural business in the future and what you should know before you embark on any new ventures. Participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions on specific subjects or discuss planning problems.
Head of Planning at George F White, Maria Ferguson says: “Recent years have seen some of the biggest changes in the planning system for decades. This does not necessarily make it easier to get planning permission, but it can create opportunities. Our seminars are all about highlighting where those opportunities might lie and how to access help and advice.”
To reserve your place, please contact Paul Young at email@example.com or call 01665 600164
Building Survey: Would you buy a property without one?
Buying a property is quite possibly the biggest financial investment you will ever make… Ja... Read More
Third Party Right of Appeal Rejected: Planning (Scotland) Bill
The Local Government and Communities Committee has rejected an amendment to the Planning (Sco... Read More
The Christmas Present Project: Helping Disadvantaged Children this Christmas
We are working on the Christmas Present Project alongside The Rotary Club of Alnwick.