Guide Price £90,000
Erskine & St Cuthbert's/Memorial, Nursery Lane
Located within the popular village of Belford. Close to A1 for easy commuting north and south Suitable for alternaive use subject to Planning Permission
Erskine and St Cuthberts URC Church
The Church adjoins the Fergusson Memorial Hall and is an end of terrace building and adjoins The Manse which is located to the east.
It is a substantial single storey building with galleried space at mezzanine level.
Believed to be constructed in stone with rendered finish under a pitched slate roof the accommodation comprises:
A hardwood entrance door leads into the main church area which has a raised dias and rows of pews with a staircase to west and east elevations leading to the first floor mezzanine galleries for worship.
There is a single storey addition to the north east utilised as a vestry.
To the north west section is the boiler house of 7.16 m² within which is a Worcester Bosch oil fired boiler.
There is a small corrugated metal shed attached to the north elevation and there is a pathway from the adjacent hall along the rear of the church with a stone wall to the north and to the north of this is The Manse orchard which is understood to be out with this exercise.
It is understood that the property was renovated in 1875.
Schedule of Accommodation
(All measurements are approximate)
The ground floor 122.87 m².
The first floor gallery 75m²
The vestry is 8.15 m².
The first floor is divided into 3 sections of 22 m², 30 m² and 23 m².
Fergusson Memorial Hall
This property dates from 1905 and is situated to the west of the Church. It is constructed in stone under a pitched slate roof. It has good natural light with windows to the west and has exposed timber truss roof with semi arched supporting trusses and exposed timber sarking.
The accommodation comprises a main entrance off Nursery Lane into an inner hallway with mosaic tiled floor, dado panelling and to the west of this is a WC and to the east is a further vestibule which provides access to an enclosed yard.
The main hall is open plan and was utilised for community purposes. To the rear is a fully fitted and modernised kitchen with a side door providing access to the pathway as referred to under the description for the church and also access to the boiler house.
Schedule of Areas
Entrance Hall 14.75 m² Inner Corridor 5 m²
WC 4.86 m² Enclosed Yard 28.85 m²
Main Hall 120 mm²
Kitchen 12.2 m²