Guide Price £90,000
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Reception Room
Cotherstone, Barnard Castle, County Durham
- Driveway to front
- Enclosed, low maintenance garden to rear
- No onward chain
- Shared ownership
- Two Bedrooms
- Well presented, semi-detached retirement bungalow for over 55s only
A well presented, semi-detached retirement bungalow for over 55s only. Driveway to front and enclosed, low maintenance garden to rear. Shared ownership. Restrictions Apply.
1 Fitzhugh Court is a well presented, semi detached bungalow available on a shared ownership basis for over 55s only. Available with no onward chain, the property benefits from a driveway to the front, as well as low maintained enclosed gardens to the rear.
The main entrance leads into the hallway, where to the left hand side lies the second bedroom which is a small double. Alternatively, this room could be utilised as a secondary reception room if desired.
To the right hand side lies the spacious living room, which is flooded with natural light courtesy of the French doors leading to the rear garden and features an electric fireplace with wooden surround.
The kitchen is accessed from the living room, and is fitted with a range of base and wall mounted storage units, which are topped with contrasting work surfaces and incorporate a stainless steel sink with drainer unit. There is also freestanding space for a cooker with extractor over, fridge/freezer and washing machine or dishwasher.
The master bedroom is a well proportioned double which enjoys a pleasant outlook onto the rear gardens.
The second bedroom is a small double bedroom to the front, and could be used as a second reception room if desired.
The accommodation is completed by a shower room, which is fitted with a white suite comprising WC, wash hand basin set upon a pedestal and walk in shower with electric shower. Heated by a wall mounted towel rail, the floor is laid with non slip linoleum.
To the front of the property, there is a driveway providing off road parking, as well as wheelchair access. While to the rear, is an enclosed, low maintenance garden which is predominantly paved and features raised decking from the lounge. There is also a useful timber shed, while the garden also extends around the side and is planted with a range of mature shrubbery.
Energy Performance Certificate
This property is currently rated D.
From the centre of Barnard Castle proceed down The Bank and over County Bridge bearing around to the right. Proceed through Lartington, into Cotherstone taking the first principal turning on the left-hand side where the subject property will then be found almost immediately on the left.
1. The property is subject to Section 106 Local Occupancy Agreement. More information can be provided by the agent.
2. The property is leasehold with a term of 36 years remaining. It is understood that the Management Company have agreed to extend the lease by 90 years during the course of the Conveyancing process. The cost of extending the lease will be covered by the vendor.
3. The property is available on a shared ownership basis for over 55s only. The buyer will own 70% of the current market value of the property.
4. There is a service charge payable to Castle and Coasts Housing Association. The service charge for 2020 is £65.70 per month. This covers the cost of buildings insurance, gas maintenance and general external maintenance of the property and communal gardens.
5. Planning permission has been granted for a development of eight, four bedroom properties within close vicinity of the property.