Price on Application
- 90.53 Acres
Land At Kirk Merrington, Spennymoor
- Farm Buildings
- Permanent grassland 1.69 hectares (4.17 acres)
- Productive arable land 34.95 hectares (86.36 acres)
- Sound access from the public highway
- Woodland 0.76 hectares (1.87acres)
TO LET BY TENDER AS A WHOLE. OFFERS TO BE SUBMITTED BY NOON ON 11th JUNE 2021 A block of productive arable land, additional permanent grassland and a small block of woodland.
The property comprises productive arable land extending in all to approximately 37.4 hectares (92.43 acres), as edged red on the plan within these particulars. There is sound access to each individual field.
The land will be let on a Farm Business Tenancy with a term of seven years. Rent is to be paid half yearly in advance by Standing Order.
The start date of the tenancy will be 1st October 2021 and if the current growing crop is removed before that date then early entry will be allowed. Copies of the Farm Business Tenancy Agreement are available from Danielle Galvin and she can be contact on 07876 860 630 or via email at email@example.com during office hours.
Copies of the tenancy agreement and information pack can be obtained at a cost of £20 plus VAT. Alternatively the it can be emailed free of charge and any requests should be made via Danielle Galvin.
Repair liabilities will follow the standard model clauses and these are available in the Property Information Pack CD or with the draft Tenancy Agreement.
The property will be let subject to all third party apparatus, including overhead electric lines and underground gas pipes together with rights that authorities have in respect of accessing this apparatus. The landlord will retain any benefit of any payments associated with this apparatus. The landlord reserves the right to timber and sporting.
BASIC PAYMENT SCHEME
The land has been registered for the Basic Payment Scheme. It is proposed that the tenancy will not include the entitlements however tenants may offer to acquire the outgoing entitlements as part of their tender.
The tenant will be required to sign an indemnity that they will keep the land in good agricultural and environmental condition and follow the Basic Payment Scheme Cross Compliance Regulations. Further to this, the indemnity will also hold the tenant liable should there be any breach of Cross Compliance.
SCHEMES AND ELMS
There is no current environmental scheme on the land at present however the new tenant cannot enter into a scheme or schemes without the landlords written prior consent.
The Landlord may wish to reserve a right of holdover for harvest and storage of growing crops until such a date as is required and agreed.
The land has mains water.
PROPERTY INFORMATION PACK
A Property Information Pack is available upon request from the George F White Offices G10 Durham Workspace, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Co Durham DH1 5JZ .
Viewing is strictly by appointment only . Prospective tenants are invited to register and book to make an appointment with George F White.
George F White are holding a set viewing day at the Land at Kirk Merrington when they will be available to answer queries relating to this property. The viewing day is scheduled to be on 18th May 2021 from 1pm to 6pm.
CONDITIONS OF TENDER
1. Applicants must complete the prescribed tender form in all respects although they may wish to attach their responses with more detailed information.
2. The tender forms should be returned to George F White, Offices G10 Durham Workspace, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Co Durham DH1 5JZ with any supporting documents in a sealed envelope clearly marked FAO Danielle Galvin George F White Land at Kirk Merrington by Noon on Friday 11th June 2021. Any tenders received after this time may not be considered.
3. The landlord will enter into an Agreement with a single person only and not a company or partnership. Tenders are to be submitted on the understanding that the Farm Business Tenancy Agreement will be in form of a draft and may be produced later with amendments.
4. A short list may be made and applicants may be asked to attend an interview and to provide the necessary financial information to support their tender.
5. The landlord reserves the right not to accept the highest or indeed any tender submitted.