Guide Price £160,000
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Reception Room
School House, Bowes
Barnard Castle, Durham
- Front garden and rear courtyard
- Situated in the heart of the village of Bowes
- Three bedroom semi detached property
- Views of Bowes Castle ruins
Three bedroom semi detached property with front garden, rear courtyard and garage situated in the heart of the village of Bowes, with lovely views of Bowes Castle ruins.
School House is entered through a white composite door into a large entrance hallway with doors radiating to the downstairs living accommodation, an under stair storage cupboard houses the energy meters and a staircase rising to the first floor whilst a further door opens to the rear yard.
The living room lies to the front of the property and benefits from a large window that allows light to flood the room and enjoys views out onto the front garden and the village beyond. The room benefits from a decorative stone fire place with a slate hearth and picture railing.
The kitchen lies to the rear of the property fitted with a range of wall and base mounted units with wooden work tops, there are voids for an oven and further under-counter space for white goods. The kitchen overlooks the rear yard of the property.
To the first floor there are two large double bedrooms both benefitting from large windows allowing light to flood the rooms. The third bedroom has two smaller windows looking out to the front of the property.
The family bathroom lies to the rear of the property with cork flooring and tiled walls around the bath. The room also comprises a WC and wash hand basin. The bathroom also has a vast amount of storage in the airing cupboard that houses the water tank.
Externally, to the front of the property is a front garden with a shared pathway with the neighbouring property and has steps leading up to the front door. To the rear there is an enclosed yard and a garage which is accessed via the track to the left of School House and under a Grade II Listed stone arch.
The property benefits from mains electricity, water and drainage and has electric heating.
This property has been certified with an EPC Rating of E.
Durham County Council.
This property is rated Council Tax Band B.
Every three metre square of the world has been given a unique combination of three words. A free App is available for iOS and Android smartphones and using the unique sequence of words below you will be able to pinpoint this property.
Tenure & Possession
The property is freehold with vacant possession.
Viewings are strictly by prior appointment with George F. White.
1. The property is subject to a flying freehold.
2. The single storey stone building to the Northern boundary is excluded from the sale as per plan. The sellers will reserve a right of access over the area shaded yellow at any time for any purpose (plan enclosed).
3. Neighbouring properties enjoy a right of access over the area shaded yellow on the available plan.
4. Right of access through wall on Eastern boundary to be blocked by sellers (plan enclosed).
5. A Grade II Listed archway over the access is included within the sale (plan enclosed).
6. A right of access exists over the stone steps at the front of the property for the adjoining property (plan enclosed).
7. The property has a cellar that sits under the living room of the property that was previously accessed via the under stair cupboard, this is now blocked up.
Every care has been taken with the preparation of these particulars, but they are for general guidance only and complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. If there is any point, which is of particular importance professional verification should be sought. All dimensions/boundaries are approximate. The mention of fixtures, fittings &/or appliances does not imply they are in full efficient working order. Photographs are provided for general information and you may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website. These particulars do not constitute a contract or part of a contract.
There are significant works and proposed works taking place on the A66 near Bowes from the summer of 2021. The information below is available online to view and/or download.
Where content has been created by a third party George F. White is not responsible for the content provided and interested parties are advised to make their own enquiries relating to the property to ensure the accuracy of all information.